Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baller Bears Shine at Junior Rose Festival Parade

The combined jump rope, juggling, and tumbling teams from Helen Baller Elementary took first place in the Dance/Drill Juvenile Class yesterday at the 2010 Junior Rose Festival Parade in Portland.




PE Teacher Amy Wing said:

Our teams completely filled two city blocks, and I couldn’t have been more proud. Looking out at those kids while they walked along the parade with red cheeks and smiles ear to ear makes my job COMPLETELY worth the time! They feel so proud! We had 30 parent helpers and three amazing teachers assist, which made my job so much easier. The whole experience brings tears to my eyes every year and I feel like the luckiest teacher in the whole world. Thanks to teachers like Cheryl Richey who pass on traditions that can last forever, the families and kids at Helen Baller continue to create lifetime memories. GOOOOOO BALLER BEARS!!! We are so lucky to be in the Camas School District.